The club has just launched a brand new website with many new features you’re sure to love.
Why are we doing this?
Over the years we’ve found it increasingly more difficult to use and maintain separate websites for our club functions: Evite for event registrations; Yahoo for e-mailings; and a separate web site for our photos and recipes. Membership information had to be maintained manually. Our new website will bring all of those functions together in one place and add new capabilities that we’ve never had before.
How is it better?
Each member will be able to update his own personal information. For example, if your e-mail address or other information changes, you can easily update it online. You will no longer have to fill out that lengthy form each year.
The website has a secure payment processing system. You can now pay for your membership and monthly events online with the credit card of your choice. If you prefer, you can still pay by check or cash at the event as you have done in the past.
Separate areas for all our menus, recipes, and photos. There’s even an area for members to upload their own photos directly from their computer.
An event calendar to show all upcoming monthly dinner events as well as special events. Simply click on the calendar to register for an event. We will also be sending out e-mail announcements prior to each event as we have done in the past.
A Member Directory (not visible to the public) to help you find and communicate with other members. You select which information to share.
Discussion Forums. A place to discuss a variety of topics relating to the club, dining, cooking, and other interests.
A better way to keep track of and contact our non-members such as guests, chefs, and other interested people.
You’ll find even more cool things as you explore the site.
What you need to do:
All members will need to renew their memberships on the new website this year. This is necessary to accomplish the one-time capture of your information, after which you will be able to maintain it yourself. Don’t worry, if you have any difficulty at all, there’s a “Contact Us” page on the website where you can send a message directly to us and we will help you to get things sorted out. Please try to complete your sign-up before the end of August.
The sign-up process is relatively easy. Go to our new website at www.lesmarmitonscranford.org
- Click on “Member Signup” and enter the information that is requested. It’s mostly the same as what you’ve entered on the release form in the past. Be sure to ignore the “Click Here” link on the first page (You won’t have a password yet):
- As part of the sign-up process you will select a username and password to access the site. Be sure you choose a secure password. You will need your password to access the members-only areas of the website including event registration.
- You do not need to pay the “New Member Initiation Fee”, so just leave it unselected.
- As soon as you submit your information, you will receive an automated e-mail confirming your sign-up. Please forgive the wording as it’s geared toward a new member sign-up, and yours is technically a renewal. Especially the part about the Board of Directors reviewing your application—no current member is being reviewed.
- A short time later, you will receive another e-mail stating that your membership has been approved. You may now log onto the web site with your username and password.
- When you log on, the last step in the process is to select how you would like to pay for your membership dues. You can pay immediately using a credit card, or you can print an invoice and mail your check. Because this is your initial sign-up on the website, payment is necessary in order for you to have full access to the website, including the ability to register for the September dinner event. This will not be necessary in subsequent years when you will renew your membership. If anyone is unable to submit their payment with sufficient time to allow them to register for the September event, please use the “Contact Us” page to send us a message and we will enable you to bring your check with you in September.
We hope the new website will be a place where members can interact with each other in between cooking events. We welcome any feedback or suggestions you may have. If you have any questions or problems, please use the "Contact Us" tab at the left.